Playful rugs for children’s rooms
In our large assortment, you will be able to find a wide variety of small and large children’s rugs that are perfect for the youngest in the family. Choose from some of Scandinavia’s favourite brands such as OYOY, Ferm Living and Bloomingville.
Children’s play rugs with interactive designs
Several of the kids’ playroom rugs in our assortment have fun interactive designs that the little ones will love. For example, you will find children’s road rugs that are perfect for children who like to play with cars or trains, or it can be a layout for a small town. Here it is only the imagination that sets the limits!
Kids’ rugs with fun motifs
Many children’s rugs are designed with colourful motifs that can be both playful and educational at the same time. With us at Nordic Nest, you will be able to find a large selection of children’s rugs with fun motifs such as animals, rainbows and plants. Round kids’ rugs with world maps are also a popular choice and allow your children to learn while they are playing.
What to consider when choosing a kids’ rug
- Durability. Kids’ bedroom rugs should be able to withstand a good deal of play, and therefore it is wise to think about the choice of material and method of production.
- Anti-slip. To avoid accidents and to keep your children’s bedroom rug firmly planted on the floor, it is important to have an anti-slip under the rug. Several kids’ room rugs have a non-slip underside, but if your children’s rug does not, it is important to buy a rug underlay that ensures that the carpet does not slip and slide. Take a look at our furniture care assortment to find quality anti-slip mats that will keep your kids’ room rug in one place.
- Cleaning. Since children’s play rugs are used particularly frequently and are often in close contact with your little one's hands and toys, it is important that your kids’ rug is easy to keep clean and free of dirt and bacteria.
How to clean your children’s rug
Before cleaning your kids’ room rug, it is first and foremost important to read the instructions that have been set by the suppliers. Here are some general tips you can follow to correctly care for your kids’ rugs:
- Always remove stains immediately with a damp cloth and if necessary, with a mild cleaning agent. With wool play rugs, take care not to use too much water and not to rub the rug too hard as this can lead to the wool becoming matted.
- Children’s play rugs should be vacuumed and shaken regularly to avoid dirt from accumulating in the material.
- Any protruding threads should be removed by scissors and should not be pulled out of the rug by hand.
- If you have a washable kids’ rug, make sure to read the manufacturer's cleaning specifications before putting it in the washing machine.